Monday, December 29, 2008

4-1/2 months



Joshua is now 4-1/2 months old! We had his 4 month well baby doctor appointment this morning. He weighed in at 18lbs, 1 ounce and is 26 inches long. That means he's in the 95% for weight and 75% for length; he's a big boy!

I had thought we would be starting him on food pretty soon, but due to the family history of asthma, we were told we should hold off until he is 6 months. Apparently, the longer one is breastfed exclusively, the less likely one is to have asthma or allergies. Learned something new! So we have another 8 weeks to go. I already bought rice cereal, fruits and veggies, bibs, and his chair, so at least we'll be ready when the time does finally come.

He just recently started reaching for things and really playing with his toys. He can keep himself entertained for 10-15 minutes at a time. That really opens up my day a lot!



1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

Joshua is so cute and chubby! I can't believe how big he is. Were you or Brian a big baby?
Yes, it is better to hold off on food as long as possible. I didn't start Ezra until he was 7 months, but I started Corban and Isabel on Rice cereal at 5 months and they have no allergies. It is fun picking out baby food isn't it though? I bought a cool book "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel and have been making my own baby food. It's fun to do...but I am a nerd. :-) I bought baby cubes to store the baby food in the freezer and love them! (You can see them at Babycubes.com) although, I bought them at One Step Ahead cause they were cheaper. :-) I also use jarred baby food...cause there is some things I just don't want to make( such as baby prunes).